Saturday, July 5, 2008

Help for Big Sur-in many ways

A new website is under construction: www.BigSurNow.com
it will make it easier for you to post on the blog and get to it. For now you can post on the blog if you create or already have a gmail or yahoo account.

What we want is for EVERYONE to be able to express what is true or real for them. This means that some things will need to be taken with a "grain of salt" as my grandmother and probably yours has said.

We know that everyone will not agree nor approve of everything said. You must choose for yourself.

People need help NOW. Big SUR needs help NOW! Yes we know that Goleta also needs help but what I have found is that people who help others end up receiving so much more in return in many uncountable ways.

This will not be a site where we will censor you. Nor will we be pressured by the government to censor.

Everyone thinks they know how better how the players on the ground can play the game better but they make have never even gone to a try out nor pick up a ball. That still does not discount your contributions.

Let's make this site REAL, and NOW, and ACTION, RESULTS ORIENTED.

We will try to verify from accurate sources as much as we can and as that you do the same.
www.surfire2008.org has agreed to support our efforts and vice versa. We won't always agree and that site wishes to remain more neutral in reporting officially verified information. One comment was made by someone who said (loosely translated): Sheesh, I found out my home burned down via an email. I wish I had gotten a call." My heart goes out to you...that you learned via an email versus a phone call. No one likes to hear negative information whether it is an email or a phone call it is a tough situation. Don't shoot the messengers, if someone SEES YOUR HOME BURN DOWN, until waiting for "Official" info, you may find out in a different way. IF it's inaccurate info and your house was stated as burned down but it was not, then that is a good thing in the end.

Let's try to be as considerate as we all can and understand that people say and do things under stress and being evacuated that they wouldn't do on a normal day.
Thankyou in Advance, All of you for your help!
WWW.SURFIRE2008.ORG IS GOING TO CREATE A WAY THAT PEOPLE CAN DONATE MONEY FOR THE CPOA ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN GIVING $300 CHECKS TO EVACUEES TO HELP MINIMIZE SOME OF THEIR DISCOMFORTS. We want to give you an additional way to give: To ear mark your funds so that some of it can go to direct support: i.e. a. Legal Support for people who have stayed in or broken through the Police Barriers to take supplies in that are needed for homeowners who are still in there. B. $ for medical supplies and food C. $ for evacuees D. $ for Gas to fuel up tanks of well meaning people who have trucks and vans who can help retrieve precious objects from peoples homes who may be evacuated soon. E. Relief for Firefighters F. Relief for Poison Oak etc..
Now it's your turn to SPEAK UP!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying and hoping for all who live there. Including the incredible nature. I've already sent a donation, and asked everyone on my email list to donate, as well.
I live in Vermont, now- but I left my heart in Big Sur when I moved from CA.
Best of luck to all of you. My heart aches for Big Sur.

Anonymous said...

I think of Esalen as MY PERSONAL retreat, where I can go, talk, don't talk, be, think, dream, enjoy the beauty that comes to me, and "be one with". Ironically it's my "no-workshop" time that regenerates my heart and mind.
Now, I watch every day for updates, shuddering to think that my sanctuary has been compromised, for myself and others who share my "be". I worry about my precious friends who remain there.
I see things here that remind me how grief and heartache just makes us all crazy, whatever its source. I have a new Big Sur friend who reminded me how much we all need to just be kind to each other at times like these. She's so right.
If we were the Sheriff, we'd feel differently than the homeowner.
I like to think that everyone's trying to do what they think is right from standpoint of the body they're in. Bless us all.

Pfeiffer said...

WE HAVE BEEN CAMPING AT PFEIFFER STATE PARK EVERY YEAR SINCE 1962 WHEN MY PARENTS FIRST DISCOVERED BREATHTAKING BIG SUR. WE ARE NOW ON OUR 3RD GENERATION OF JR RANGERS / RANGER CUBS WHO HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD ALL YEAR TO OUR ANNUAL FAMILY CAMPING TRIP TO PFEIFFER IN AUGUST. I ALSO MAKE A SOLO TRIP ON FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND EVERY YEAR SINCE OUR DAD PASSED IN 2004, AS HIS ONLY DYING REQUEST TO ME WAS TO KEEP THE FAMILY TRADITION OF BONDING AT BIG SUR ALIVE, BIG SUR IS AT THE HEART OF ALL THAT IS SACRED TO US, WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU ALL AND FOR ALL THAT IS BIG SUR